- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet.
The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17
- “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
- “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
- “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
- “You shall not murder.
- “You shall not commit adultery.
- “You shall not steal.
- “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
The first one is fairly straight forward 1. ‘You shall have no other gods before Me’. Basically, don’t have two Gods, so we can say “Hmm” and move on to the 2nd one where it kinda gets silly. Number 2 is ‘You shall not make idols’ Basically you can’t like anyone? So if you like a sport star or singer, even an actor, this sends you to hell? Please, help me out here. Number 3 is where it gets very odd. Number 3 ‘You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain’ Yet we see it globally every day, we shall skip to number 4. ‘Remember the Sabbath day’ to keep it holy’ If you work on Sunday’s, you are going to hell I think that ones means. Number 5 ‘Honor your father and your mother’ NOT SEEING THIS ONE FULLY to be fair. Number 6 is almost the same as another two really. 6 is ‘You shall not murder’ with number 7 being ”You shall not commit adultery’ I mean surely 6 and 7 are self explicit no? I mean don’t murder or be loving another woman? or man? Then number 8 takes us back to number 6 ‘You shall not murder’ So with 8 being ‘You shall not steal’ Really we could have 3 less and have “Don’t be bad to people” because murdering or stealing from someone is the same thing, don’t murder or steal from me is implicit in terms they send the same message. So we skip to number 9 ‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor’ So don’t be a grass, or tell lies about your Neighbours, what if they live in another street? Is it then ok? Now the killer, number 10, now sit down for this one please! ‘You shall not covet’ Now covet means to like. So if you like your friends or neighbours ANYTHING you are going to hell, if you have bad thoughts about another’s God you go to hell, please don’t blame me, it says so, therefore if an American Christian dislikes a Muslim of Islam, they are going to hell right? Right? 😀 These are all strange and simple rules but a bit out-dated for 2016 surely? Who keeps Ox or Donkey’s in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd World? Not many these days I am thinking. I could rattle on here for days with these silly rules made by a guy who spoke to a HEDGE! There was no burning bush, he was walking up an active volcano for the love of God 😀 (Opps, took his name in vain there) Think about it, you are coming back from the shops and a HEDGE says “Brian” would you stop and talk to the hedge or look inside the hedge for a person? Moses had a 1st list of 10 and they were rubbish, so he climbed a mountain, spoke to a hedge on fire and these 10 rules that if you don’t keep to 100% you are going to hell. These are VERY HARSH rules if you ask me, so harsh that if you work Sunday’s, clap the neighbours dog you go to hell? Or if you have a phone and listen to someone singing you love, you to go to hell! For a God who is, we are told, all loving, he seems a rather harsh chap. I mean clap your next door neighbours Dog and you are going to hell. Crazy!
George Carlin – 10 Commandments
[VIDEO] Via tommixoft on You Tube